Composition and therapeutic effect "Metrogil Gel»



in 1 g of the preparation contains 10 mg of metronidazole and chlorhexidine gluconate 0.5 mg.Also in the "Metrogil Gel" includes auxiliary components: propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium hydroxide, carbomer 940, disodium edetate, levomenthol and water.

Part of the "Metrogil Gel" metronidazole exhibits antibacterial activity against periodontal pathogens.Chlorhexidine has antibacterial and antimicrobial effect.

«Metrogil Gel" is an effective drug that has been used successfully in dentistry for a long time.The tool removes the infection, and quickly reduces inflammation of periodontal and oral mucosa.

Indications



«Metrogil gel" is used for the treatment of the following diseases:
- acute and chronic periodontitis;
- juvenile periodontitis;
- acute and chronic gingivitis;
- periodontal disease, gingivitis complicated;
- cheilitis;
- mouth disease;
- periodontitis, periodontal abscess (in combination therapy);
- post-extraction alveolitis;
- acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis, Vincent;
- inflammation of the oral mucosa when wearing dentures.

The drug is not prescribed for individual intolerance of components and is used to treat children younger than 6 years.

How to apply "Metrogil gel"?



The drug should be applied to the area of ​​the gums with your finger or a cotton swab.To obtain the desired therapeutic effect after application should be for 30 minutes to refrain from eating and drinking.If the gel is washed off immediately after application, the effectiveness of "Metrogil Gel" significantly reduced.

recommended instructions for "The gel Metrogil" frequency of application for adults and children older than 6 years - 2 times a day.Effective treatment must be used means a continuous period of 7-10 days.Patients with chronic periodontitis and gingivitis recommended 2 or 3 times a year undergo preventive treatments "Metrogil Gel."

Using the drug dosage must be strictly observed, causing a thin layer of gel is not more than 2 times a day and avoiding its ingestion.Ingestion of large amounts of gel possible overdose, which manifests itself in the form of dizziness, nausea and vomiting.In severe cases, possible seizures and paresthesia.