diseases caused by cardiac arrhythmias
heart rhythm disturbances is the common name of arrhythmias and may be a symptom of certain diseases.
Heart palpitations - a heart rate more than 100 beats per minute.The medicine is called palpitations and sinus tachycardia may result from the following diseases:
- heart failure;
- ischemic heart disease;
- heart disease;
- liver and kidney disease;
- alcohol poisoning, etc.
slow heartbeat - a heart rate less than 60 beats per minute.The medicine is called palpitations and sinus bradycardia may result from the following diseases:
- heart disease;
- different poisoning (esp
- lack of thyroid function;
- osteochondrosis of cervical-thoracic spine;
- a brain tumor, etc.
diagnosis of cardiac rhythm holds a specialized doctor - a cardiologist or arrhythmology.
the following methods of diagnosis of arrhythmia:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) - captures and reflects the electrical activity of the heart, reveals tachycardia and bradycardia, determines the state of the heart;
- ultrasound of the heart (or echocardiography, echocardiography) - reflects the image of the heart, its size and contours reveals the pathology and anomaly defines the operation of the valves of the heart and reveals the scars;
- daily monitoring of Holter (Holter daily monitoring) - is a continuous 24 hours registering electrocardiogram data via portable product;can not be held stationary;It gives evidence of violations of rhythm and pauses;
- chest x-ray - displays the image the shadow of the heart;
- veloergometry - a record the electrocardiogram of the patient under the influence of physical activity;to evaluate the reaction of the heart muscle to load, detect coronary heart disease;
- transesophageal electrophysiological study (EPS PE) - a study of the walls of the heart through the introduction into the esophagus of the patient electrode;to determine the electrophysiological parameters of the heart;
- endocardial electrophysiological study (EPS Endo) - the study of the heart cavity through the introduction of catheters, electrodes;It allows you to identify the source of the arrhythmia.